Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hot Spots

There are three hot spots for me today.

First, there was the muscle pain in my sides (?! -- okay, I remember it from last time around, and I'll take it over back pain, but what's up with this?) from sitting too long today with my big belly bump: church, and then two hours of Ultimate Frisbee spectating. I think we tried to do too much today, judging by how cranky I was by the time we got home. A nap helped.

Second, there was the hot spot I tried cleaning up for two minutes (?! -- so short!) for Day 6 of FlyLady's Beginner BabySteps, in addition to all the previous steps. It was my kitchen island, a recently commissioned structure -- really two Ikea cabinets back to back -- that hasn't seen service as a kitchen prep area yet, because it's such a natural spot to put things down when we come in the back door or clear the table for dinner. Hot Spots are places where the clutter takes over if you don't tame it. So, two minutes was not enough to conquer this hot spot, but I think I reduced it by more than it gained today.

Finally, and most happily, there was the warm feeling of getting my foot into my nearly-finished first Simple Stripes sock!



I have enough yarn for about two more stripes. Then I might splice in some of what I took out for the heel, if it doesn't seem tall enough. I'm happy that the stripes stayed just about the same width in the ribbing as they were in stockinette -- the sock has a consistent look to it, and it will stay up!

I hope there are more warm socks, sweaters, and cuddly folks than pains or messes among your hot spots this November. Cheers!

No comments: