Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Good Saturday

Today was a good day. DD and I went on a long walk/trike ride around the neighborhood this morning and then visited with friends, while Tim did background research on stacking our washer and dryer to give us a little more room in the laundry room. Then DD put herself down for a nap (will miracles never cease?) because she didn't want to do it my way (potty first). During her nap, Tim and I jammed on mounting shelf hardware to the wall in our basement family room, and we made great progress! I should be able to do the rest solo while Tim does his day job.

And I am soooo tired. Early bed tonight will be a must -- Tim has a tripleheader in his Ultimate Frisbee league tomorrow, and DD and I will go to church and then try to catch Tim's third game.

So without further ado, here's today's knitting progress:



The sock now fits beautifully. I'm a little concerned about having enough yarn left for the leg, but I saved some colors I cut out to make the stripes work around the heel (see that cute narrow tan stripe in the rear view?), and I may use those, even if they're out of order, rather than settle for less than a full crew sock. I opted for ribbing -- guess I'm just that kind of gal. I've been drooling over the images from the knitalong from Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave (now on my holiday wishlist), though. Maybe some of those patterns will be my introduction to knitting socks beyond ribbed crew socks. I just got some Trekking XXL in the mail (below, color 180), and I'm looking for a great pattern to try with it, though I think it would also make very happy crew socks!



FlyLady BabySteps Turn Inward for Day 5
FlyLady's Beginner BabyStep today is a more contemplative one. Besides continuing with dressing to lace-up shoes, shining my sink, reading a few email reminders, and looking at my sticky notes (check, check, check, and check), I wrote down some of the nagging, negative voices I hear in my head, and write down positive statements to answer them. This stuff is a little tender to share right now, but I will say that it wasn't the downer I expected. Writing down the negative messages only gave concrete form to what was already running through my head every day; it was almost as if I were taking control of the messages by forcing them into words on the page. And writing the positive statements was a bit of a rush! It turns out I don't spend much time in deliberate, positive self-talk. I'm thinking about posting some of my positive statements somewhere where I'll see them once in a while -- not so often they get stale, but often enough to get a lift from them and remember to say encouraging things to myself!

No comments: