Sunday, March 16, 2008

No, really, keep your head down!

Life has been busy this past week or so. If you've been reading my last few posts, you know the baby I'm due to deliver shortly was head-down. Well, over the past week and a half, give or take, he's been flipping head-up quite a bit. I've been doing exercises at home, getting chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture, and getting him back head-down at the end of most days. Now he finally seems to be deciding that maybe staying head-down is a good idea. Based on my results so far, the chiropractic and exercises seem like the most helpful factors. After each adjustment at the chiropractor, baby fairly dives into my pelvis, which was apparently quite kinked up and is getting more spacious with adjustments. My back is feeling generally better, too. This is my first time working with a chiropractor, and I have to say it seems good so far.

The exception to my back feeling better comes from my still-growing belly. Sitting still and upright or standing still for extended periods is getting quite uncomfortable. I get breathless and panicky, probably because my uterus is pressing on a major blood vessel. That makes wheel spinning, driving more than 10 minutes, using the computer, and several other activities pretty tough. So today I'm home from church (25 minute drive) and hoping to find a carpool for future weeks. I'm rediscovering our local bus system, which is good for lots of things, but unfortunately takes about two hours to get to church. :(

So blogging is probably going to slow down for a while (see "using the computer" above). I did finish the Shining Violet sweater, but it's already been worn once and gotten food all over it, so photos will have to wait until it's clean. You can see full directions for it in the "Gory Details" entry a few entries ago.

Take care, y'all. I'll blog when I can. Wish us luck for a healthy, natural birth.

1 comment:

~RaenWa~ said...

Here's to a healthy and hopefully quick childbirth I am keeping my fingers crossed that he decides to keep his head down I hope you find a carpool so you can get to church easier..take it easy and rest