Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Yarn

Just a quick post to show you a tiny test skein of laceweight Cormo yarn I plied last night. Still needs washing to make sure it doesn't bloom up bigger than laceweight, but I am pleased beyond all reason with this little skein of "happy yarn," so called because every time I see it, it makes me happy. What more could I ask of a hobby?



I was at a small spinning group last night. I plied up this baby from singles I had spun before, carded three rolags of Cormo, and then started spinning more laceweight singles. Would you believe that in almost 2.5 hours (including the plying and carding), I didn't even finish spinning all three rolags? I have to say, laceweight makes for a nice carding-to-spinning ratio, given that carding is not my favorite part of the job.

No comments: